Abbots Langley School Partnerships
School partnerships and cooperation between different educational settings have become an increasingly
important part of the new national education agenda as well as individual self-improvement for schools.
At Abbots Langley School we believe that such collaboration has great potential to continue our successful legacy of driving school improvement. This will directly benefit the experiences and enjoyment of our own children and we are very clear that successful school collaboration will also offer significant benefits to everyone involved.
LOCAL SCHOOL PARTNERSHIPS
- Tanners Wood Primary School, Abbots Langley
- Kings Langley Secondary School, Kings Langley
- Greenfields Primary School, South Oxhey
- Three Rivers & Watford School Sports Partnership, Rickmansworth School
- Watford Headteachers’ Partnership
- Three Rivers Schools’ Direct Partnership, Parmiters School
- University of Hertfordshire
- HfL Education
Abbots Langley School has links with local educational settings with the aim of providing additional learning opportunities for our children and staff.
We strongly believe that by supporting schools and professionals we can directly impact on the quality of learning children in Hertfordshire receive.
In collaboration we:
- Strategically review current issues and work together in overcoming them
- Offer training opportunities related to the curriculum as well as safeguarding and health and safety areas to support staff professional development
- Invest in inter-school professional alliances in order to drive strategic improvement
- Create extensive sporting opportunities through inter-school events and tournaments including rugby, football, athletics, netball and golf.
- Promote a uniform approach to the management and practices around nursery admissions and wider school matters
- Support children throughout the secondary transition process
- Empower staff through training organised and run by the University of Hertfordshire
- Develop reciprocal relationships with HfL advisers and School Improvement Partner: frequent opportunities to analyse good practice with leaders, plan ways forward and promote the professional development of staff.
- Establish opportunities for cross-school moderation of teacher assessment judgements to support accuracy and the clarifying of expectations (by Autumn 2023)