GOVERNORS AT ABBOTS

Governors at Abbots:

Our governing body supports the school in many ways.  The members of our governing body visit school, attend meetings and find appropriate training to develop their ability to support and challenge school.

Please click here for the Governor Blog

Please click here for the Governor Twitter

Chair of Governors

Jon Messenger

Co-opted

I am the current Chair of the Governing Body and have been involved on this for the past 8 years. My daughter has already passed through the school and my son is currently in Year 4.

The Governors are a friendly bunch and our aim is to keep a watching brief over the school to offer support, ideas and challenges where appropriate with the aspiration of helping Mr Billing make our school outstanding and a centre of educational excellence. If you see us in the playground then feel free to talk to us –  your ideas and views are always welcome.

I am a keen sports fan and enjoy supporting Watford FC.

Vice Chair of Governors

Jo Fewster

Co-opted

I have been involved with Abbots Langley school for the past 10 years as my sons have grown up, the elder having moved onto secondary school whilst the younger enjoys the activities of being in Year 4!  I have recently taken on the role of Vice-Chair alongside working with the SEN faculty as their link Governor.  I am also the link Governor for the current Year 3 group – this is to ensure that we as a Governing Body, play an active role in the school community, visiting the children and following their development as they progress through school.

When not helping out at school, I work within the Civil Service HR profession at a central Government Department.  My background is in the Learning and Development arena and working as a Business Partner across my Department.

Matthew Summers

Parent

I have been a Parent Governor for over 4 ½ years. I have a daughter, Violet, in year 5 and I work for HP Inc. as an Operations Manager covering EMEA. I joined Abbots as a Governor because I believe that the early years of our Children is a crucial foundation in their social and emotional development which, prepares them for the next stage of their education. I wanted to be a part of that and learn more about Abbots School in the process. I am currently link Governor for Year 1, Mathematics and responsible for Governor Training administration.

Sara Bedford

LA Governor

I have served as a governor at Abbots Langley School since 1999, shortly before our daughter joined the Nursery.  Whilst a parent at the school, I played a full part in ALSA and its activities, and still try to support fetes and other events.

Now I am both District and County councillor for Abbots Langley, and the Local Education Authority governor at the school. I try to support all the schools in the area, with access to extra funding, road safety help, and anything else I can do through my council work, but I’ll always have a soft spot for Abbots Langley.

Owen Williams

Co-opted

Gemma Absalom-Brammer

Parent

As a former pupil, I am honoured to be a parent governor. I am currently Head of English at Parmiter’s School and I am enjoying developing links between the schools. I hold a Masters degree in Education and am a nationally recognised Specialist Leader. At ALS,  I am link governor for Year 2.

I really look forward to visiting the school in order to see the children enjoying their education in such a happy, safe environment.

Victoria Lyons

Parent

Angela Miles

Co-opted

Liz Gardner

Co-opted

Rebecca Negrello

Headteacher

As Headteacher of the school I am very lucky to be supported by the governors above.  Their involvement supports the development of school and provides me with the challenge needed to ensure that the school continues to head in the right direction.

I am hugely passionate about education and I am constantly looking for new ideas and approaches.  I have recently started my Masters in Teaching and Learning, which I hope will support the school in moving forward over the coming years.  Something that is also very important to me is that people feel able to come and speak to me about any queries or concerns.  I feel that by opening up myself and the school to people, we can enable Abbots to become a strong community.